Lead Software Developer
Product Development/Engineering – US
Software design, implementation, review, documentation and maintenance of server based web applications as well as providing guidance and assistance to other team members across a broad range of project areas including: user‑interface, SQL, .NET, XML database, Java, modularization and distributed processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience with Object Oriented Application Design and Programming in a developer/architect role.
- Development experience with VB.NET.
- Experience with both client side development (ASP.NET) and Web frameworks.
- Strong experience with XML.
- Excellent understanding of relational database concepts.
- Excellent understanding of large-scale web application architecture.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently to deliver results.
- Practical knowledge of general software development lifecycle methodology.
- Knowledge of .NET security; Enterprise single sign on experience.
- Design, development, testing and maintenance of software solutions used by the company.
- Ability to function as a technical project leader for in-house or outsourced development projects.
- Be able to take full ownership of assigned tasks ensuring a timely delivery within a structured quality environment and within budget.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other team members across a broad range of project areas.
- Develops test data and runs tests to determine the accuracy of program logic to produce desired results.
- Debugs and revises programs based on test results.
- Convert user requirements into effective and efficient system solutions.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years work experience developing J2EE and/or .NET enterprise software
- Be intimately familiar with the following technologies:
- Strong Java experience
- Windows and Linux environments
- Web-based frameworks
- Enterprise messaging
- Mainstream databases such as MS SQL and Oracle
- Strong Java experience
- Excellent communication skills, (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision & timescales
- Ability to project management outside development efforts
- Willing to accept responsibility and work on own initiative
- Ability to work flexible hours as tasks/timelines demand
- Some travel and technical demonstrations would be required as needed
Experience in C++ would also be beneficial.