- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of accounting experience involved with accounts payable, accounts receivable and journal entry processing. This position supports the accounting team, which is responsible for the North America operations, and maintains working relationships and participates in meetings with other departments (project management, sales, customer service).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential duties:
- Establish and update vendor master records
- Review all invoices and receiving reports for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Initiate payments by check and ACH
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Manage the travel expense process and Concur system
- Initiate billing for completed projects, warranties, ticket sales and support services
- Contact customers with past due balances on account to identify and resolve issues.
- Assemble related documents for permanent archival
- Complete assigned tasks in month-end and quarterly accounting close.
- Reconcile key general ledger accounts
- Provide day-to-day support of accounting team with ad hoc projects and back up of other positions
- Assist with documentation requests for annual audit
Required Education and Experience
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree - preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics, or related field
- 2-3 years related work experience with emphasis on accounts payable and receivable
- Exposure to integrated accounting systems. Microsoft Great Plains experience beneficial
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, specifically Excel
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively, such as prioritizing among various tasks and requests from others
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable sharing analysis insights and key findings as needed. Comfortable communicating by e-mail and by telephone
- Ability to work effectively independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Schedule flexibility to meet deadlines of accounting close schedules
- Comfortable working remotely when appropriate